Fascinating details about Gabon's national football team, the PanthersFootball
Guinea national football team: squad, coach, world rankings, AFCON, nickname
The Guinea national football team is an international team that represents the republic of Guinea in men's football. While the team represents both FIFA and the Confederation of African Football, it has been governed by the Guinean Football Federation since it was founded in 1960.
Does the Guinea national football team have a nickname? Yes, it has. The team is often referred to as the National Elephants. Have a look at this article and find more information about Guinea's national football team roster, players, coach, world rankings and more.
- Full name: Guinea National Football Team
- Nickname: National Elephants
- Managed by: Guinean Football Federation
- Founded: 1960
- Colours: Red, yellow, green, and white
- Federation: CAF
- Head coach: Kaba Diawara
- Captain: Naby Keita
- Most caps: Pascal Feindouno (85)
- Top scorer: Ibrahima Kandia Diallo (33)
- FIFA ranking: 81 (as of December 2021)
- Stadium: Stade du 28 Septembre and Stade General Lansana Conte
- FIFA code: GUI
Guinea national football team history
The National Elephants debuted in the football scene in 1962 in a friendly match against Togo. Later in 1963, Guinea entered its first qualification for the Africa Cup of Nations in a tournament in Ghana. However, the team has never qualified for the FIFA World Cup finals, and their best finish in the Africa Cup of Nations was runners-up in 1976.
Is Guinea national football team playing AFCON 2021
Fortunately, Guinea national football team qualified for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations. Even more interesting, they had been placed in Group B. Below is the roster in which the team successfully had their matches.
- 10 January: Guinea vs Malawi
- 14 January: Senegal vs Guinea
- 18 January: Zimbabwe vs Guinea
Who are the Guinea national football team captain and coach?
It is always evident that it is highly dependent on the availability of a skilled captain and coach for any prominence or success of a team. Have a look at the profiles of Guinea's captain and coach below.
DR Congo national football team: players, coach, world rankings, AFCON, nicknameFootball
Guinea's national football team captain
Have a look at the profile below and find more information about Guinea's captain, including his age as of January 2022.
- Full name: Naby Laye Keita
- Date of birth: 10 February 1995
- Age: 26 years old (as of January 2022)
- Place of birth: Conakry, Guinea
- Nationality: Guinean
- Height in feet: 5'8"
- Height in centimetres: 172
- Current team: Liverpool and Guinea National Football Team
- Position: Central midfielder
- Number: 8
Guinea's national football team coach
Below is the profile of the Guinea national football team coach.
- Full name: Kaba Diawara
- Date of birth: 16 December 1975
- Age: 46 years old (as of January 2022)
- Place of birth: Toulon, France
- Nationality: French
- Height in feet: 5'10"
- Height in centimetres: 178
- Current team: Guinea National Football Team
Uganda national football team history, achievements, players, world rankingsFootball
Who are Guinea national football team players?
The following players were recently called up for the Africa Cup of Nations competitions.
- Aly Keita (Sweden Östersund)
- Moussa Camara (Guinea Horoya)
- Ibrahim Koné (Malta Hibernians)
- Ibrahima Sory Conté (Captain) (Israel Bnei Sakhnin)
- Ilaix Moriba (Germany RB Leipzig)
- Mamadou Kané (Azerbaijan Neftci)
- Aguibou Camara (Greece Olympiacos)
- Mory Konaté (Belgium Sint-Truidense)
- Morley Sylla (Guinea Horoya)
- Amadou Diawara (Italy Roma)
- Ibrahima Cissé (Belgium Seraing)
- Naby Keïta (England Liverpool)
- Ousmane Kanté (France Paris FC)
- Pa Konate (Bulgaria Botev Plovdiv)
- Fodé Camara (Guinea Horoya)
- Gaoussou Youssouf Siby (Guinea Wakriya)
- Issiaga Sylla (France Toulouse FC)
- Ibrahima Conté (France Niort)
- Saïdou Sow (France Saint-Étienne)
- Mohamed Ali Camara (Switzerland Young Boys)
- Mikael Dyrestam (Norway Sarpsborg)
- Seydouba Soumah (Kuwait Kuwait SC)
- Sory Kaba (Belgium OH Leuven)
- Mamadou Diallo (France Grenoble)
- José Kanté (Kazakhstan Kairat)
- Morgan Guilavogui (France Paris FC)
- Mohamed Bayo (France Clermont)
Guinea national football team world rankings
Zambia national football team: squad, coach, world rankings, AFCON, nicknameFootball
According to the current FIFA rankings, the Guinea national football team sits at position 81 with 1298.32 points just before Uganda, which has 1285.28 points. What is Guinea national football team highest FIFA ranking? The team's highest FIFA ranking was position 22 in 2006 and 2007, while the lowest ranking was position 123 in 2003.
Guinea national football team trophies
Since they debuted in the football scene, has the team ever won any trophy? Yes, they have. They won the Amilcar Cabral Cup in 1981, 1982, 1987, 1988, and 2005.
Although some fans are beginning to lose hope of seeing the Guinea national football team participate or qualify for the World Cup competitions, the team's optimism of bringing the Cup home is at its peak.
Sportsbrief.com has recently reported about DR Congo national football team. DR Congo national football team, formerly known as Zaire and Congo Kinshasa, is a team that represents the Democratic Republic of the Congo in men's international football.
Sudan national football team: roster, coach, world rankings, AFCON, nicknameFootball
The team is a member of FIFA and the Confederation of African Football. So when was the group founded? If you want to find more information about the team, including its current world rankings, coach, captain, players, and participation in the Africa Cup of Nations, read here!