Cristiano Ronaldo Fires Back at Man United With Defiant Message After Backlash on Explosive Interview

Cristiano Ronaldo Fires Back at Man United With Defiant Message After Backlash on Explosive Interview

  • Embattles Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will keep speaking his mind following backlash from the bombshell interview
  • Ronaldo launched a scathing attack on the club's owners, manager Erik ten Hag, and former Red Devil Wayne Rooney in an exclusive with Piers Morgan
  • Ronaldo and Portugal kick off their 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign against Ghana on Thursday, November 24

The Cristiano Ronaldo versus Manchester United saga is far from over, as the Portugal icon said he will keep talking when he wants to. He was speaking in Qatar ahead of Portugal's opening match.

Ronaldo caused a stir in the football world after appearing in an interview with popular and controversial journalist Piers Morgan.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal, Manchester United, 2022 World Cup
Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to start for Portugal in their 2022 World Cup opener against Ghana. Photo by Christopher Lee.
Source: Getty Images

Snippets of the interview were first released on Sunday, November 13, where he brutally attacked manager Erik ten Hag, the club's hierarchy, and club legend Wayne Rooney.

A longer version of the interview was released last week on Wednesday and Thursday, with Ronaldo speaking on several subjects, including Lionel Messi and his retirement plans.

Exciting feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!

Ronaldo hit back at United

Speaking to the press ahead of Portugal's opening match at the World Cup on Thursday, November 24, Ronaldo vowed to keep talking, according to the Sun.

"Timing is always timing. From your side, it is easy to look at how we can choose timing. Sometimes you write truths, sometimes you write lies. I don’t have to worry what other think. I talk when I want to."

Man United released a statement on Friday last week, saying they've initiated a process of responding to Ronaldo's revelations in the interview. Multiple reports indicated the club is planning on sacking Ronaldo.

In the statement, the club said it had 'initiated appropriate steps' regarding Ronaldo's interview.

"We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion."

Ronaldo blasts Erik ten Hag

Sports Brief earlier reported on Ronaldo launching a ruthless attack on Erik ten Hag, after the Dutchman banished him from the team a few weeks ago.

Ronaldo went on record to insist he does not respect ten Hag, following recent and highly publicised altercations with the former Ajax manager.

Ronaldo's latest comments are set to end his second stint at Manchester United, with the January transfer window looming.

Source: Sports Brief News