Tension at the Etihad As Guardiola Rules 1 Important Man City Star Out for 3 Months

Tension at the Etihad As Guardiola Rules 1 Important Man City Star Out for 3 Months

  • Ferran Torres of Manchester City has been ruled out of action for three months following injury against France
  • Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola confirmed the latest development about the 21-year-old forward who has been impressive this term
  • Pep Guardiola and his wards are currently occupying third position on the Premier League table after seven games

Pep Guardiola who is the gaffer of Manchester City has confirmed that forward Ferran Torres could be out of action for the next three months following the injury he suffered while playing for Spain against France in Nations League final.

This latest development will come as a bog blow for the reigning Premier League champions considering how the are fighting to retain their title this term.

There have been reports suggesting that the 21-year-old forward could be out of action for six months before Pep Guardiola cleared the air on the player.

Ferran Torres
Ferran Torres in action for Spain against France. Photo by Sportinfoto/DeFodi
Source: Getty Images

According to the report on UK Sun, Pep Guardiola explained that the club will miss Ferran Torres as he hopes the Spaniard recovers soon and rejoin the team.

Pep Guardiola's reaction

"Torres will be out for two to three months. He has a bone injury In the foot, the metatarsal
“The injury can happen here or in the national team, I know perfectly the manager for Spain and he treated Ferran as well as possible.
“They tried to take care of him but sometimes it happens, it happened with Phil Foden, Kevin (De Bruyne. It happens because there are lots of game.
“Ferran will go to Spain for a few weeks. Then he’ll come back and we hope in two-and-a-half or three months he will be ready.”

Man City come back twice to force Liverpool to a draw in a crunch Premier League cracker at Anfield

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Kevin De Bruyne's late minute strike was all Manchester City needed to avoid defeat to Liverpool in a four-goal thriller at Anfield on Sunday, October 3.

The crunch encounter saw all the goals scored in the second half of the meeting after both teams failed to find the back of the net in the opening half.

It was Sadio Mane who broke the deadlock for the home team from close range just one minute before the hour mark.

The Senegalese ran into space to connect with Mohamed Salah's precise and timely pass after dribbling three City defenders in the build up to the goal.

Source: SportsBrief.com