- Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor II will happen next year according to the 50-0 boxer
- Mayweather is expecting the fight to be an exhibition with the UFC legend
- The two stars squared off in the ring five years ago in a highly anticipated match which Mayweather won by TKO
Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather has confirmed that he will take on UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a bout next year.
Mayweather has said that ongoing talks about whether it will be a fight or an exhibition match.
Exciting feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!
Mayweather confirms fight with McGregor will happen next year
According to an exclusive by the Daily Mail, the American boxer has said a rematch in 2023 will take place, but discussions about the nature of the bout are still being discussed. Mayweather expects the fight to be an exhibition.
The 50-0 boxer will fight MMA fighter Mikuru Asakura in Japan this Sunday.
I want to go out there this weekend and have fun. Then I have another exhibition Dubai in November and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.
We don't know if it's going to be an exhibition or a real fight. But there's been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition. I am not into fights where I am going to take any real punishment.
The two stars went head-to-head in a highly anticipated showdown in 2017, a fight which Mayweather won in ten rounds with a TKO. Mayweather says that he will take exhibitions against semi-pro boxers that can't hurt him at this juncture in his career.
So, guys like Conor McGregor and guys that don't really hit hard, such as YouTubers or UFC guys, I don't really mind colliding with those kinds of individuals but nothing where I am going to put myself in a position where I am going to harm myself or hurt myself.
Mayweather reportedly earned $280 million from the fight, while McGregor took home $130 million.
Tyson Fury continues to taunt Anthony Joshua
Sports Brief earlier reported on Tyson Fury's intensified attacks on Anthony Joshua ahead of a heavyweight blockbuster showdown later this year.
Fury is looking to inflict more misery on Joshua, who's not had much success in the ring, but Fury has offered a 60/40 deal to return for the 'Battle of Britain'. Joshua was beaten by Oleksandr Usyk of Ukraine last month.