“Don’t Get Scared Now”: Tyson Fury Continues to Taunt Anthony Joshua Ahead of Potential Fight in December

“Don’t Get Scared Now”: Tyson Fury Continues to Taunt Anthony Joshua Ahead of Potential Fight in December

  • Tyson Fury has intensified his attacks on Anthony Joshua saying he is running scared now
  • The WBC champion and Joshua are expected to fight later this year if the deal they're working on comes to fruition
  • The highly-anticipated showdown is expected to happen in December to determine who is Britain's heavyweight king

Ahead of a potential mouth-watering showdown later in the year between British heavyweight boxers, Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, the later has continued to taunt Joshua asking him to not be scared.

Joshua recently accepted the terms of the deal, with the fight expected to take place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on December 3rd. However, reports says that a deal for the fight has a way to go.

Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, WBC champion
Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury. Photos by Francois Nel and Mikey Williams
Source: Getty Images

Exciting feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!

Read also

Mason Greenwood: Fans react after embattled Manchester United star is included in official squad list

Fury continues to taunt Joshua

According to the Sun, a source close to the Fury camp said Joshua is already running scared and the silence on his part is defeaning. The source further adds that Fury has been on the frontlines of this potential fight which means he has the upper hand on Joshua.

So far AJ has allowed his management team to do all the talking. In contrast, Tyson has been front and centre pushing for this contest and taking the fight directly to Joshua. Tyson thinks this says it all and that he already has the upper hand and that he has AJ on the run.

Fury announced that he was retiring after stopping Dillian Whyte in six rounds back in April but reversed his decision.

Meanwhile, Joshua has struggled in the last few fights, losing three of the last five including last month's bout with Oleksandr Usyk. 34-year-old Fury told Joshua that the 60/40 deal is good.

Read also

No rest for Orlando Pirates during FIFA break ahead of big Mamelodi Sundowns MTN 8 test

This is it AJ, don't get scared now. I have given you an unbelievable deal and an unbelievable opportunity, so it's showtime. Take the fight.

There's is still a way to go if the fight is to happen and if it does December 3 will be the preferred date and the Cardiff's Principality Stadium in Wales has been suggested as a possible host.

Fury's sustained attacks on Joshua

Sports Brief earlier reported on a boxing expert's strong warning to Joshua, cautioning him not to fight Fury.

The expert said that the WBC heavyweight champion is only mocking Joshua and taking up the fight would not look good.

Joshua will want to bounce back after a string of poor showings.

Source: SportsBrief.com