- Kylian Mbappe has pipped both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to the top spot of the best-earning players in 2022
- Mbappe, who penned a new lucrative deal with Paris Saint-Germain, has earned $125million this year, with $25m of the amount earned from endorsements
- The list is dominated by Premier League players, with Ronaldo, Raheem Sterling and Mohamed Salah among the players who have made the cup
A list of the top 10 best-paid players in the world in 2022 has been released, with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo making the shortlist.
Ronaldo and Messi have dominated the football scene in almost every aspect, with the duo winning an impressive 12 Ballon d'Or awards between them.
Despite their advancing age, the two footie stars remain among the highest-earning footballers in the world.
Be that as it may, they still have a new kid in the block in the shape of Kylian Mbappe, whose competition they now have to contend with.
Top 10 Spanish La Liga highest earners for 2022/23 revealed as Barcelona defender Gerard Pique tops the list
Exciting feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!
Kylian Mbappe breaks Messi-Ronaldo duopoly
Mbappe has widely been backed to break the Messi-Ronaldo duopoly, and the Frenchman appears to be doing just enough to rival them.
The Paris Saint-Germain superstar is the best-earning footballer in 2022, ranking ahead of Messi and Ronaldo.
According to a list compiled by Sportico via B/R Football, Mbappe is worth a huge $125m, with a massive $20m of the amount coming from endorsements.
Below are the top 10 best-earning footballers in the world in 2022
1. Kylian Mbappe (PSG) - $125m
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Man United) - $113m
3. Lionel Messi (PSG) - $110m
4. Neymar (PSG) - $91m
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) - $39.5m
6. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) - $31.3m
7. Andreas Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) - $30m
8. Raheem Sterling (Chelsea) - $29.4m
9. Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) - $29m
10. Antoine Griezmann (Atletico) - $27.5m
Neymar's strange reaction when asked about Kylian Mbappe goes viral
Sports Brief has also reported that Neymar offered a quite eerie response to a journalist on Friday, September 23, when he was asked about his relationship with Kylian Mbappe.
Brazil played Ghana in a pre-Wold Cup friendly, and the Seleção ran out comfortable 3-0 winners on the night. Neymar got two assists in the game as Tottenham star Richarlison bagged a brace in an evening that could have gone much worse for the Black Stars.
After the game, Neymar was happy to answer questions from the media until it came to his club teammate Kylian Mbappe.
Source: Sports Brief News