- AFCON title is one of the most expensive trophies in world football according to latest rankings by Sport Skeeda
- Every player and every team will do anything win titles, but these precious prizes vary when it comes to their cost
- The Africa Cup of Nations trophy costs a whopping €127,000 (KSh 16 million) and is more than twice as expensive as the Serie A trophy
Winning titles is one of the primary objectives of a footballer or any football team and some high-profile tournaments come with the biggest titles.
A look at the most expensive trophies in the world shows that the Africa Cup of Nations trophy is also very expensive as it is worth €127,000 (KSh 16 million).
The real value of the Africa Cup of Nations trophy is a fair reflection of how important a title it is. The Africa Cup of Nations trophy costs a whopping €127,000 (KSh 16 million) and is more than twice as expensive as the Serie A trophy which is right behind it in terms of value.
Being the world's most-followed sport, there is a lot of money invested in the 'beautiful game'. So it comes as no surprise that these iconic trophies in football have a lot of value in terms of money as well.
Without further ado, let's take a look at five of the most expensive trophies in world football via Sport Skeeda.
5. Serie A - €55,000 (KSh 7.5 million)
4. Africa Cup of Nations €127,000 (KSh 16 million)
3. Ballon d'Or - €508,000 (KSh 65 million)
2. FA Cup - €1 million (KSh 127.7 million)
1. FIFA World Cup - €17 million (KSh 2.1 billion)
Klopp says he never meant AFCON as 'little tournament'
Meanwhile, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has stated that he was interpreted out of context after he was said to have branded the Africa Cup of Nations as ‘little tournament’.
The German tactician who was reacting to his side’s win over Arsenal in the Premier League at the weekend expressed frustrations that he will miss the services of some key players in January.
But the manager has insisted that he never meant to demean the AFCON tourney, saying the way his comments were twisted.