Read about the life of one of South Africa's wealthiest footballers, Percy Tau. His peak was the English Premier League, where he made appearances for Brighton and Hove Albion. Join us as we find out about his whopping net worth, his salary, fancy cars, houses and his pretty wife.
He has various accolades to his name, even winning the CAF Champions League and the PSL. He currently plays for the Egyptian side Al Ahly. In this article, we unravel more fascinating facts.
- Full Name: Percy Tau
- Birth Date: 13th May 1994
- Age: 27 years old in 2022
- Nationality: South African
- Birth Place: Emalahleni, South Africa
- Gender: Male
- Current Residence: Egypt
- Ethnicity: Black
- Height in Feet: 5'9"
- Height in Centimeters: 175cm
- Weight in Kilograms: 70kg
- Weight in Pounds: 154
- Hair Colour: Black
- Parents: Elizabeth Tau (Mother)
- Marital Status: N/A
- Net worth: $3 million
- Instagram: @percytau22
- Facebook: Percy Muzi Tau
- Twitter: @percymuzitau22
He started his career in Mamelodi Sundowns in 2013, where it was successful up to a short loan stint at Witbank Spurs. He was later signed to Brighton and Hove Albion in 2018, where his career was not as successful. He spent most of his time there on loan spells before finally being signed to the Egyptian giants Al Ahly in 2021. Here is a summary of his career with his stats:
- Mamelodi Sundowns from 2013-2018, where he scored 18 goals in 65 appearances.
- On loan to Witbank Spurs from 2015 to 2016, he scored 3 goals in 11 appearances.
- Brighton and Hove Albion from 2018 to 2021, where he had only three appearances.
- Union SG was on loan from 2018 to 2019, where he had 6 goals in 23 appearances.
- On loan to Club Brugge from 2019 to 2021, he had 3 goals in 18 appearances.
- On loan to Anderlecht from 2020 to 2021, he scored 4 goals in 14 appearances.
- Al Ahly from 2021 to present where he has 5 goals in 7 appearances so far.
- He debuted for the South African national team in 2015. He has scored 13 goals in 32 appearances.
Percy Tau's Awards
Percy Tau has won a couple of awards with his team and personally. His team accolades include:
- Premier Soccer League in 2013/2014 season and 2017/2018 season.
- Nedbank Cup in 2014-2015
- CAF Champions League in 2016
- CAF Super Cup in 2017
- Belgian Pro League in 2019/2020 season
- CAF Super Cup in 2021
- Four Nations Tournament in 2018.
He has been able to win the following personal awards:
- Lesley Manyathela Golden Boot in 2017-2018
- PSL Footballer of the Year 2017-2018
- PSL Players' Player of the Season 2017-2018
- Belgian First Division B Player of the Season 2018-2019
- Belgian First Division B Team of the Season 2018-2019
Percy Tau's net worth
He has a networth of approximately $3 million. His money mainly comes from playing football. He is paid a significant amount given his successful career in South Africa, which led him to be signed into the EPL and the Egyptian Premier League.
Percy also enjoys endorsement deals, one of them being with Puma South Africa. He advertises the company's evoSPEED boots. Percy also has an endorsement deal with Hyundai, the car company. He also has some businesses on the side.
How much is Percy Tau's net worth?
He has a networth of $3 million. His interesting networth is attributed to his successful football career, from Mamelodi Sundowns in the PSL to Al Ahly in the Egyptian Premier League. He also earns from his various endorsement deals and businesses he owns.
Percy Tau's salary
In his contract with the Egyptian giants, Al Ahly, Percy earns around 1 million euros per year.
Percy Tau's cars
He tends to be a car lover, and his vast earnings help him secure the latest vehicles around. One of his rides that made the airwaves is the Hyundai i30N presented to him by Hyundai. This vehicle is an iconic hatchback with a stunning design and a powerful engine.
He also owns a Hyundai Tucson Sport, one of the most sought after SUVs in South Africa. However, he rarely flaunts what he possesses; hence evidence of any other vehicles is unknown.
Percy Tau's houses
He is a very private person and keeps most of his information away from the public. Information about his house is unknown. He tends to keep the public at arm's length.
Percy Tau's net worth in rands
Percy's networth is R4.6 million in Rands. He gets most of his money from his salary in football and various endorsement deals. He also has multiple businesses.
Percy Tau's wife
Information on whether he has a wife or not is private. He keeps his relationship life away from the public. As a result, it is unknown whether he has a wife, girlfriend or child.
Percy Tau's Covid-19 status
He has been among five Al Ahly players reported having contracted Covid-19. This report is a blow to Al Ahly as he has been a critical player in their recent victories. This news was confirmed after Al Ahly's medical staff conducted tests. Their website had the following to say about the situation,
“Ahmed Abu Abla, the team’s doctor, stated that Yasser Ibrahim, Percy Tau, Luís Miquissone, Ahmed Nabil “Koka”, and Ahmed Abdelkader tested positive for Covid-19,”
It further read,
“Abu Abla said the players are self-isolated and their condition will be monitored by the team's medical staff. Our players underwent a Covid-19 test on Saturday as part of the medical protocol that is set to combat the spread of coronavirus.”
He is currently self-isolating with the other five players. As a result, he will miss their next match against El Gouna.
Being one of South Africa's wealthiest footballers, Percy Tau's networth stands at a whopping $3 million. He is a decorated footballer who is dedicated to his career. His personal information is kept private. He does not flaunt his riches nor talk about his relationships.
Sportsbrief.com also reported Ghanian rap icon excited to meet African football legends during Cameroon's Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
Read more of what this meeting meant to him here!
Source: Sports Brief News