Sadio Mané: net worth, wife, awards, houses, cars, charityFootball
Ranking the 17 richest F1 drivers in the world as of 2023
Formula One racing is one of the world's most exciting and lucrative sports, with millions of fans tuning in to watch the high-speed action every year. Not only do F1 drivers experience the thrill of competing at the highest level of motorsports, but they also earn some of the highest salaries in professional sports. This article will look at the richest F1 drivers in the world, exploring their net worth and more.
Formula One drivers are usually paid millions per race based on their contracts. They earn money by winning a race or scoring points above the target threshold.
Top richest F1 drivers in 2023
Formula One (F1) is a multi-million dollar sport that pays drivers handsomely. Below is a list of the current Formula 1 drivers' net worth.
17. Lance Stroll - $50 million
- Full name: Lance Strulovitc
- Date of birth: 29 October 1998
- Age: 24 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Montreal, Canada
Which F1 driver comes from the richest family? Lance Stroll comes from one of the wealthiest families. His father, Lawrence Stroll, owner of Aston Martin, has an estimated net worth of $2.9 billion. Lance began racing at the age of ten and has previously driven for Williams and Racing Point. Lance Stroll's net worth is estimated to be $50 million.
16. Nico Rosberg - $50 millon
- Full name: Nico Erik Rosberg
- Date of birth: 27 June 1985
- Age: 37 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Wiesbaden, West Germany
Rosberg is a former professional race car driver who began competitive go-kart racing at the age of six. He is the son of Finnish world champion Keke Rosberg. Nico has won several regional and French national championships. Nico Rosberg's net worth is estimated to be $50 million.
Rory Mcilroy's net worth, major wins, wife, age and moreGolf
15. Nigel Mansell - $90 million
- Full name: Nigel Ernest James Mansell
- Date of birth: 8 August 1953
- Age: 69 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Nigel Mansell became the first person to win the CART championship in his debut season and the only person to hold both the World Drivers' Championship and the American open-wheel National Championship at the same time. He was ranked as the greatest F1 driver of all time.
In 2005 he was inducted into the International Motorsport Hall of Fame. Nigel Mansell's net worth is estimated to be approximately $90 million.
14. Alain Prost - $100 million
- Full name: Alain Marie Pascal Prost
- Date of birth: 24 February 1955
- Age: 68 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Lorette, Loire, France
Alain is a retired French racer and Formula One team owner. He is one of the wealthiest drivers as of 2023, with a successful investment career. He is a four-time Formula One World Drivers' Champion. Alain Prost's net worth is around $100 million.
George Russell's height, girlfriend, Mercedes, net worthFormula 1
13. Eddie Irvine - $120 million
- Full name: Eddie Irvine
- Date of birth: 10 November 1965
- Age: 57 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Newtownards, United Kingdom
Eddie Irvine is a former British racing driver. Eddie Irvine's net worth is estimated to be $120 million. He began his racing career at 17 and achieved quite a lot. He is among the wealthy F1 drivers of all time.
12. Sebastian Vettel - $140 million
- Full name: Sebastian Vette
- Date of birth: 3 July 1987
- Age: 35 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Heppenheim, Germany
Vettel is one of the most successful drivers in Formula One history, having won four World Drivers' Championships in a row from 2010 to 2013 while driving for teams such as BMW Sauber, Toro Rosso, Red Bull, Ferrari, and Aston Martin. Sebastian Vettel's net worth is $140 million.
Adidas' net worth: How much is Adidas worth? All the details and numbersOther Sports
11. Jenson Button - $150 million
- Full name: Jenson Button
- Date of birth: 19 January 1980
- Age: 43 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Frome, Somerset
Jenson Button won the F1 World Championship in 2009 and the Japanese SuperGT Series in 2018. He has raced for companies such as Benetton, Renault, BAR, Honda, Brawn GP, and Williams. McLaren paid him $16.5 million per year. In 2022, he purchased a $5.8 million home in Santa Monica, California. Jenson Button's net worth is $150 million.
10. Jimmie Johnson - $160 million
- Full name: Jimmie Kenneth Johnson
- Date of birth: 17 September 1975
- Age: 47 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: El Cajon, California
Jimmie Johnson is a professional auto-racing driver who started racing motorcycles when he was four years old. He competes part-time in the series, driving the No. 84 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 for Legacy Motor Club. Jimmie Johnson's net worth is $150 million. He has also appeared in films and television shows such as Bubble Guppies and Blaze and the Monster Machines. He is among the top 10 richest F1 drivers.
Ranking the richest MLB teams currently: Find out which team tops the listBaseball
9. Max Verstappen - $200 million
- Full name: Max Emilian Verstappen
- Date of birth: 30 September 1997
- Age: 25 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Hasselt, Belgium
Max Verstappen is a Dutch racing driver who competes in Formula One for Red Bull Racing. Verstappen made his Formula One debut in 2015 with Toro Rosso and became the youngest driver in the history of the sport at the age of 17.
Since joining Red Bull Racing in 2016, Verstappen has become one of the sport's most exciting and successful drivers. Max Verstappen's net worth is estimated to be $200 million.
8. Valentino Rossi - $200 million
- Full name: Valentino Rossi
- Date of birth: 16 February 1979
- Age: 44 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Urbino, Marche
Rossi is a retired professional motorcycle road racer and nine-time Grand Prix motorcycle racing World Champion. He is the only rider to have won the World Championship in four different classes. Valentino Rossi's net worth is $200 million.
What companies does Shaq own? Find out all the information hereNBA
7. Jeff Gordon - $200 million
- Full name: Jeffery Michael Gordon
- Date of birth: 4 August 1971
- Age: 51 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Vallejo, California, United States
Jeff is among the top ten richest F1 drivers in 2023. He is a former professional stock car racing driver from the United States who dominated the sport in the 1990s and early 2000s.
6. Kimi Raikkonen - $250 million
- Full name: Kimi Matias Raikkonen
- Date of birth: 17 October 1979
- Age: 43 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Espoo, Finland
The Finnish international has a Grand Prix record of 21 wins. He is the only driver to race in the V10, V8, and hybrid V6 engine eras. He has raced for several Formula One teams and competed in various other motorsports, including NASCAR, the World Rally Championship, snowmobile races, and many others. Kimi Raikkonen's net worth is estimated to be $250 million.
Who is the highest-paid player in Nigeria's premier league 2023? Top 10 listFootball
5. Fernando Alonso - $260 million
- Full name: Fernando Alonso Díaz
- Date of birth: 29 July 1981
- Age: 41 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Oviedo, Asturias
Fernando Alonso is one of the most famous F1 drivers in history. In his career, Alonso has won the Formula One World Championship twice. He makes $40 million between earnings and endorsements. Fernando Alonso's net worth is $260 million.
4. Lewis Hamilton - $285 million
- Full name: Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
- Date of birth: 7 January 1985
- Age: 38 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Lewis Hamilton is widely regarded as the greatest Formula One driver of all time and one of the highest-paid F1 drivers in the world. He is currently driving for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team. He earns $50 million annually, most of which comes from his Mercedes contract, which pays him £40 million annually. Lewis Hamilton's net worth is estimated to be $285 million.
Who is the strongest man in the world? Top 20 as of 2023Athletics
3. Don Schumacher - $300 million
- Full name: Donald A. Schumacher
- Date of birth: 4 November 1944
- Age: 78 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Grand Rapids, Michigan USA
Don Schumacher started racing in the early 60s. He established himself among the greatest F1 racing drivers in history. He is the founder, Chairman, and CEO of Schumacher Electric Corporation, based in Chicago. Don Schumacher's net worth is estimated to be $300 million.
2. Eddie Jordan - $600 million
- Full name: Edmund Patrick Jordan
- Date of birth: 30 March 1948
- Age: 74 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Dublin, Ireland
Eddie tops the list among the richest race car drivers in the world. He is a former car racer, musician, and television presenter from Ireland. Eddie is a successful business magnate who owns several businesses besides his F1 interests. He founded the Jordan Grand Prix from 1991 to 2005. Eddie Jordan's net worth is around $600 million.
Who are the top 20 best left-footed football players as of 2023?Football
1. Michael Schumacher -$600 million
- Full name: Michael Schumacher
- Date of birth: 3 January 1969
- Age: 54 years old (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Hürth, Germany
Who is the richest F1 driver? Michael Schumacher is the most wealthy Formula One driver in history. He is a retired racing driver with the most World Championship titles. Michael Schumacher's net worth is estimated to be $600 million.
Summary of the top 17 richest F1 drivers in the world
Below is a table of the richest drivers in the world.
Who are the 20 best left-wingers in the world as of 2023?Football
Which current F1 drivers come from rich families?
Several F1 drivers come from wealthy families. Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez, and Lando Norris are among them. Most of these drivers' parents are either business owners or former Formula One drivers.
Is F1 a rich man's sport?
Formula One is often considered to be a rich man's sport, as the costs involved in running a team and developing a competitive car are extremely high. In addition, drivers at the highest level of the sport can earn some of the highest salaries in professional sports.
Who is the richest F1 team principal?
The richest Formula One team principal is believed to be Dietrich Mateschitz, who is the owner of Red Bull Racing and Scuderia AlphaTauri. Mateschitz is a billionaire entrepreneur from Austria who co-founded the Red Bull energy drink company, which has since become a global brand. While his exact net worth is not publicly known, he is estimated to have a fortune of over $27 billion.
These are the 17 richest F1 drivers in history, and they deserve to be recognised. The majority of them earn their money through sponsorships and endorsement deals.
Sportsbrief.com recently published an article listing the top 10 richest MLB owners. Major League Baseball is one of the world's most popular and lucrative sports leagues. These teams' owners are in charge of running them and investing in their success.
Some of the richest MLB owners are a small group of billionaires who built their fortunes in industries as diverse as finance, real estate, and media.