Sierra Leone national football team, squad, coach, world ranking, AFCON, nicknameFootball
Sadio Mane, Victor Osimhen Named in 10 Man Final Shortlist for 2023 CAF Player of the Year Award
- CAF have announced their candidates for the continental Player of the Year award
- Egyptian King Mohammed Salah and Nigerian ace Victor Osimhen are on the 10-man list
- The CAF Awards will be held in Marrakech on December 11 to honour African excellence
The greatest names in African football will fight for top honours.
The Confederation of African Football has announced their list of nominees for the annual CAF Awards to be held in Morocco.
As well as Player of the Year and Coach of the Year there are seven categories to go through, with seven for the women's awards.
The winners in each category are decided by votes cast by the CAF Technical Committee, members of the media and national team coaches and captains.
An Interclub Player of the Year award is available to African players who play their club football on the continent.
Among the frontrunners in that 10-man list are Namibia and Mamelodi Sundowns striker, Peter Shalulile, South Africa and Al Ahly playmaker Percy Tau and his Al Ahly teammate, Ali Maaloul.
Here is the full list of the Player of the Year nominees:
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria, Al Ahli)
- Andre Anguissa (Cameroon, SSC Napoli)
- Vincent Aboubacar (Cameroon, Besiktas)
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt, Liverpool)
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco, Paris Saint-Germain)
- Sofyan Amrabat (Morocco, Manchester United)
- Yassine Bounou (Morocco, Al Hilal)
- Youssef En-Nesyri (Morocco, Sevilla)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria, SSC Napoli)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal, Al Nassr)
The CAF Awards ceremony will be held on Monday, December 11 at the Palais des Congrès in Marrakech.
Exciting news! We have a WhatsApp channel 🤩
➡️ Click to join our channel for all your favourite sports news.
Tanzania's national football team: players, coach, world rankings and nicknameFootball
Women's CAF Awards nominees
Sports Brief recently compiled a list of the women in line for recognition at the 2023 CAF Awards.
On it are seven Nigerians, six South Africans, and five Moroccans. while Zambia and Malawi have two each.
The Interclub award will go to the best player who plays for their country as well as an African club.