Super Eagles Star Kelechi Iheanacho Nominated for 2 Prestigious Premier League Awards
- Kelechi Iheanacho scored four Premier League goals in the month of April and registered two assists
- The Nigerian who was PL’s player of the month of March has been nominated for the award for April
- His goal against Crystal Palace has also been nominated for the PL goal of the month of April
Incredible Super Eagles star Kelechi Iheanacho who seems to be in the form of his life has been nominated for both Premier League player of the month as well as goal of the month awards.
The Nigerian international who was Premier League’s player for the month of April sustained the performance that has seen him nominated for same award for April.
Iheanacho has been in blistering form since the turn of the year helping Leicester City to drive their top-four chase in the English topflight as well as historic FA Cup triumph.
He has found the back of the net 10 times this season with four of the goals coming in April, as he also registered two assists in the same month.
His goal sent the Foxes to their first FA Cup final after 50 years and just as it was in March, Iheanacho has a rich list of other in-form players he will be battling it out with for the April award.
Nominees for the Premier League player of the month award include:
1. Trent Alexander-Arnold
2. Stuart Dallas
3. Mason Greenwood
4. Kelechi Iheanacho
5. Jesse Lingard
6. Matheus Pereira
7. Allan Saint-Maximin
8. Chris Wood
Also, Iheanacho’s goal in the 2-1 home win against Crystal Palace is nominated alongside seven others.
The Nigeria international cut inside his left foot and blasted the ball past Palace goalkeeper Vicente Guaita.
Budweiser Goal of the Month shortlist
1. Callum Robinson | Chelsea vs. West Bromwich Albion (first goal)
2. Jesse Lingard | Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. West Ham United
3. Pablo Fornals | Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. West Ham United
4. Leander Dendoncker | Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. West Ham United
5. Trent Alexander-Arnold | Liverpool vs. Aston Villa
6. Allan Saint-Maximin | Burnley vs. Newcastle United
7. Alexandre Lacazette | Sheffield United vs. Arsenal
8. Kelechi Iheanacho | Leicester City vs. Crystal Palace
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Iheanacho helped Leicester City salvage a point for themselves in their Premier League 1-1 draw against Southampton.
The 24-year-old provided the assist for Jonny Evans' 68th-minute goal at St Mary's Stadium to stretch their unbeaten run in the league to three games.
His recent performance has now positioned him as the most resurgent player in the Premier League in the last six games - taking over from Tottenham Hotspur legend Harry Kane according to football stats website, whoscored.com.