Anthony Joshua's Date And Venue Of Next Fight Revealed After Moving On From Fury
- Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk will fight on September 25, for the WBC crown
- The boxing bout is scheduled to hold at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London
- Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearne reveals an official announcement will be made soon
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Anthony Joshua will defend WBO title against the number one mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk on September 25, at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, Boxing Scene.
The match is yet to be officially announced by the organizers after the much-anticipated fight with Tyson Fury was canceled and the WBC ordered the Brit to honour the trilogy contract of Deontay Wilder.
And AJ was told to fight the WBO mandatory challenger Usyk or be stripped of one of his four belts.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Promoter Eddie Hearne promised that once the details of the contract between Joshua and Usky is sorted out, the fight will be known to the public.
“I don’t want to say two weeks because you guys are bored of me saying that,” Hearn said during a recent Instagram Live session.
“But (an announcement is coming) soon. September 25 is the date.”
Usyk moved up into the heavyweight division after dominating the lightweight category as he defeated Derek Chisora in his first fight to become the number contender in the WBC ranking.
It would be the Ukrainian's toughest test in his career despite being undefeated as he looks to unseat the champion, Joshua.
PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Manny Pacquiao has lashed out at Floyd Mayweather who claimed the Filippino is fighting for the money, not for the love of boxing, Marca, Trangquetoi.
The 42-year-old is preparing to take on the unbeaten WBC and IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence Jr, on August 21, with both titles on the line.
The eight-division weight champion is looking to wear another strap after defeating Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman in unanimous point victories to become the number one contender for the welterweight strap.
Legit.ng also reported that Anthony Joshua has been ordered by the WBO to fight mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk as his much-anticipated bout with Tyson Fury could be called off, Sky Sports.
The boxing organization have stated to AJ's promoter Eddie Hearne should finalize the terms of agreement or face a penalty in the next ten days or May 31.
The 33-year-old also risks losing his WBO belt if he fails to challenge the highly Ukrainian who outclassed Derrick Chisora on his heavyweight debut.
Source: Sports Brief News