25 of the most motivating Patrick Mahomes quotes on life and successNFL
25 unforgettable Floyd Mayweather’s quotes on boxing, wealth, and success
Former boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. is no stranger to success. As number 1 on Forbes 2018's top 100 wealthiest celebrities, he has amassed incredible success. Dig into this article to learn more about Floyd Mayweather's quotes.
What are the achievements of Floyd Mayweather, and what is his success story? In addition to offering a comprehensive list of Floyd Mayweather's quotes on success, this article will dive deep into the inspiring career of the American boxing promoter.
As one of the most gifted boxing champions who ever lived, he maintained an air of complete self-confidence and assurance during his active career. In a 2014 interview with The Guardian's Kevin Mitchell before facing off against Marcos Maidana, he said,
"God made only one thing in this world perfect, my boxing record."
What are Floyd Mayweather's most famous quotes?
Although Floyd Mayweather is best known for his pound-for-pound boxing skills, he also recorded several famous sayings. Here is a summary of the most known quotes from the boxer.
- "I do not duck or dodge anyone."
- "I do not worry about going to jail. Better men than me have been there. Martin Luther King has been there, and Malcolm X. I have taken the good with the good, so I will accept the bad with the bad."
- "I’m in the game to be a legend."
- "Nobody can beat me. There is no way to beat me."
- "Mohammed Ali was a great fighter, but I am better. Sugar Ray Robinson was a great fighter, but I am better."
Floyd Mayweather's inspirational quotes
Mayweather grew up in an unsavoury background split into his mother's and father's households. He overcame a life of danger and illicit substances and became a distinguished role model.
What motivates Floyd Mayweather? Scroll down and find out in the quotes below.
- "I come from a very rough background, and I'm saying that if you work hard and dedicate yourself to that, you can make it, too."
- "When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I lived in New Jersey with my mother, and we had seven people in one bedroom, and sometimes we did not have electricity."
- "I push myself to the limit."
- "A true champion will fight through anything."
- "You have good days and bad days. The main thing is to grow mentally."
The most inspiring Coach Carter quotes and the lessons they teach in lifeNBA
Floyd Mayweather's quotes on hard work
On many occasions, he includes the audience in his mantra chants,
'Hard work, dedication'.
What is Mayweather's work ethic? In an interview with Eurosport, Mayweather Promotions CEO spoke on his work ethic and said,
"People say that he has a gift. Yes, he has great talent. But nobody has ever worked harde to make the most of that talent. Nobody."
- "You must have a villain, and they will always make me a villain. I am used to it. It makes me work harder, and it makes me fight harder."
- "I am in the gym working right now, dedicating myself to the sport, pushing myself to the limit because I never wanted to win a fight so bad."
- "You have to know when to hang it up, and it is time for me to hang it up. I am leaving the sport with all my faculties. I am still smart. I am still sharp. I have accomplished everything. There is nothing else to accomplish. I am the best."
- "I am the best at going out there and backing it (trash talk) up."
- "When I step in the ring, I bring everything I have."
Klopp says Liverpool can't afford 'Ferrari' signings with Bellingham out of reachFootball
The best Floyd Mayweather quotes on boxing
- "I have had boxing gloves on before I could walk and have been in gyms all my life."
- "It is about the legacy. When you mention boxing, all I want you to mention is one name, Floyd Mayweather."
- "If you fight angry, you make many mistakes, and when you fight a sharp, witty fighter like me, you can't make mistakes."
- "In the ring, you have to protect yourself at all times. You just got to protect yourself at all times."
- "It was a boxing masterpiece (2007 fight between Mayweather and De La Hoya). I showed you why I am the best fighter of this era."
Senegal coach Aliou Cisse finally reacts to Sadio Mane and Leroy Sane incidentFootball
Floyd Mayweather's quotes about money
In 2018, Money Mayweather held the title of Forbes top-earning celebrity and the world's highest-paid athlete. Although he dropped off the lists, he later spoke to Forbes concerning his financial strength after retirement. The undefeated champion said,
"I am still making hundreds of millions."
- "Money does not make me. I make money. Without money, I would be the same person."
- "Why would I sign a contract like that? It is slave wages."
- "There comes a time when money does not matter."
- "I am not in the game for just the money."
- "I fight for the cheque. I am in the cheque-cashing business."
Despite having several admirable qualities, the boxing legend has had several run-ins with the law. From domestic assault, theft, and boxing violations, Mayweather Jr. is no stranger to failure and mistakes. The reformed ex-convict was quoted saying,
Lampard defends Boehly after Chelsea owner tries to fire up troubled BluesFootball
"I have done some things I should not have done, but I know I am not a bad person. I am ready for change."
Floyd Mayweather's quotes reveal the boxer's drive and highly motivated lifestyle. These extracts show the man behind one of the most successful boxing promotion organisations.
Sports Brief recently published an article ranking the best-managed MMA promotions. The report covers some of the most prominent Mixed Martial Arts organisations that manage the fiercest fighters in the sport, such as the all-female MMA promoter Invicta Fight Championship.
Click on the link above to learn more about some of the biggest organisations dominating the combat sport.