Victor Osimhen Tops AFCON 2022 Qualifiers Goal Scorers Chart
- Victor Osimhen has three goals in two AFCON 2022 qualifiers so far
- The 21-year-old scored twice against Lesotho and once in their game vs Benin
- The Napoli striker will have a chance to increase his tally against Sierra Leone this weekend
- Meanwhile Luis Leal, Diedhiou and Khazri have equal goals tally with the Super Eagles star
Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen alongside three other players top the 2022 Africa Cup of Nations scorers chart.
The most expensive player on the continent bagged three goals in the Super Eagles first two group games against Benin and Lesotho.
And he will have the chance to increase his tally when he starts against Sierra Leone in a doubleheader this month.
Other players in the same category as Nigeria's topshot are Luis Leal (Sao Tome and Principe) Famara Diedhiou (Senegal) and Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia).
The 21-year-old has a total of four goals two assists across all competitions for Gernot Rohr's side since he broke into the team in 2019.
He was a part of the sqaud that finished third in the 2019 edition of the continental championship staged in Egypt.
Meanwhile, the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Alex Iwobi and Samuel Kalu have all recorded one goal each so far.
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria)
- Luís Leal (Sao Tome and Principe)
- Famara Diedhiou (Senegal)
- Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia)
- Algeria Youcef Belaïli
- Algeria Baghdad Bounedjah
- Burkina Faso Aristide Bancé
- Chad Ezechiel N'Douassel
- The Gambia Assan Ceesay
- Madagascar Lalaïna Nomenjanahary
- Mozambique Mexer
- South Sudan Joseph Kuch
- Tunisia Saîf-Eddine Khaoui
- Zimbabwe Khama Billiat
Legit.ng earlier reported that Victor Osimhen has opened his goals account with Napoli after he found the back of the net on Saturday, October 17 in a block buster Serie A match against Atalanta.
Hirving Lozano had netted a brace scoring in the 23rd and 27th minute before Matteo Politano added the 3rd in the 30th minute.
It was Osimhen's turn just two minutes before half-time when the Nigerian striker pulled the trigger from outside the box in the 43rd minute to extend his side’s lead to 4-0.
We haven't gotten the houses FG promised us in 1994 - Siasia raises alarm | Legit TV