FKF Makes Decision on Jacob 'Ghost' Mulee's Future as Harambee Stars Coach after Afcon Ouster
- Jacob 'Ghost' Mulee has overseen six Harambee Stars matches since he was appointed head coach in October 2020
- He has won three of those matches, drawing twice and suffering defeat just once against Comoros
- However, he was unable to help Kenya book a place in the 2022 Afcon finals after finishing third in Group G
- Be that as it may, Mwendwa has said FKF has full confidence in Mulee and are satisfied with his tenure
PAY ATTENTION: Help us change more lives, join TUKO.co.ke’s Patreon programme
Football Kenya Federation president Nick Mwendwa has revealed there are no plans to sack Jacob 'Ghost' Mulee as Harambee Stars head coach despite Kenya failing to book a place in the 2022 Afcon finals.
Stars finished third on Group G with seven points to miss out on a slot as Egypt and Comoros progressed.
Kenya was looking to make an appearance at the continental showpiece for the second consecutive time, having played in the 2019 edition staged in Egypt.
However, the team failed to get the better of their opponents, with their 1-1 draw with Egypt in the fifth round of the qualifiers at Moi Sports Centre Kasarani, all but ending their hopes of sailing through.
Despite the disappointing result, Stars did end their qualifiers campaign on a positive note, stunning Togo 2-1 away in Lome on Monday, March 29.
Mwendwa has now come out to admit he is impressed with Ghost Mulee's tenure thus far, suggesting there are no plans to get rid of him.
“I don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but if you look at our results [since Mulee took over], you can answer that question of whether he deserves to continue as the coach or not, but as FKF, we are happy with his job and what he is doing,” Mwendwa told Goal.
“And as I said before, I don’t want to hammer in anything about it but I think everyone can see his good job so far, and what plans he has for the team and I think let us see after one year what he can do," he added.
Mulee made a sensational return to the national team's dugout in October 2020, replacing Francis Kimanzi, who was relieved of his duties under unclear circumstances.
The experienced tactician has since overseen six of Stars's most recent matches, losing only once and winning three.
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly.