Top 10 richest football clubs in Africa in 2023: What is their value?Football
Top 20 richest football club owners in South Africa in 2023/24
South Africa is one of the African nations that invest plenty of resources in football. The country is home to some of the wealthiest football clubs on the continent. As a result, the richest football club owners in South Africa are among the wealthiest people on the continent. Discover who they are and their net worth today.
A football team's value is measured based on its net value, annual revenue, and operating income. In addition, people assess its ability to trade in elite footballers. The richest football club owners in South Africa have invested time and resources into making their clubs great.
Top 20 richest football club owners in South Africa
Owning a football club is not a mean feat. Check out the richest football club owners in South Africa today. These owners are wealthy and influential in society.
20. Alexi Efstathiou - Cape Town Spurs
- Full name: Alexi Efstathiou
- Club: Cape Town Spurs
Alexi Efstathiou owns Cape Town Spurs, a South African professional football club based in Parow in the city of Cape Town that plays in the South African Premier Division.
19. Tim Sukazi Galaxy - TS Galaxy FC - unconfirmed
- Full name: Tim Sukazi Galaxy
- Club: TS Galaxy
TS Galaxy FC is a football club based in Kameelrivier near Siyabuswa. It plays in the PSL and is named after its owner, Tim Sukazi, who purchased the NFD league license from Cape Town All Stars in May 2018.
18. Johnny Mogaladi - Polokwane City
- Full name: Johnny Mogaladi
- Club: Polokwane City
Johnny Mogaladi owns Polokwane City, which is one of the biggest SA football teams. His club brings in a significant amount of cash annually.
17. Simon Malatji - Sekhukhune United Football Club
- Full name: Simon Malatji
- Club: Sekhukhune United Football Club
Who are the top 25 richest NFL players in the world as of 2023?NFL
Sekhukhune United Football Club is among the biggest and wealthiest clubs in SA. Its owner is Simon Malatji.
16. Farook Kadodia - Maritzburg United Football Club - $4.7 million
- Full name: Farook Kadodia
- Date of birth: 3 January 1960
- Age: 63 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: South Africa
- Club: Maritzburg United Football Club
- Net worth: $4.7 million
Farook chairs Maritzburg United Football Club in South Africa. The club, which is based in the city of Pietermaritzburg, was founded in 1979 and plays in the Premier Soccer League. Farook Kadodia's net worth is alleged to be about $4.7 million.
15. Max Tshabalala - Bloemfontein Celtic FC - $5.1 million
- Full name: Max Tshabalala
- Club: Bloemfontein Celtic FC
- Net worth: $5.1 million
Bloemfontein Celtic Football Club is a South African amateur football club based in Bloemfontein that competes in the ABC Motsepe League. Max Tshabalala owns Bloemfontein Celtic, and his estimated net worth is $5.1 million.
Ranking the best African players in the Premier League in 2023Football
14. David Thidiela - Black Leopards FC - $6.1 million
- Full name: David Thidiela
- Club: Black Leopards FC
- Net worth: $6.1 million
David Thidiela is a South African businessman and the current chairman of the Black Leopards Football Club. Thidiela is a prominent figure in South African football and has been involved in the sport for many years. David Thidiela's net worth is alleged to be $6.1 million.
13. Joseph Mapfulagasha - Platinum Stars FC - $6.1 million
- Full name: Joseph Mapfulagasha
- Club: Platinum Stars FC
- Net worth: $6.1 million
Joseph Mapfulagasha is the current Platinum Stars Football Club owner based in Phokeng near Rustenburg in the North West Province. The club was founded in 1998 and played home games at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium. Joseph is a very private individual. His club is one of the richest in South Africa, with an estimated net worth estimated at $6.1 million.
Top 10 richest football clubs in South Africa in 2023 listedFootball
12. Mato Madlala - Lamontville Golden Arrows FC - $6.18 million
- Full name: Mato Madlala
- Date of birth: 23 January
- Place of birth: Lamontville, South Durban
- Club: Lamontville Golden Arrows FC
- Net worth: $6.18 million
Mato Madlala is the acting CEO of the South African Premier Soccer League, a position she has held since November 2015. She is also the owner and chairperson of Lamontville Golden Arrows FC. Her business interests, including her football club, is a significant source of revenue for her. Mato Madlala's net worth is valued at $6.18 million.
11. Abram Sello - Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila - $7.5 million
- Full name: Abram Sello
- Place of birth: South Africa
- Club: Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila
- Net worth: $7.5 million
Abram Sello is a businessman who owns Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila, a South African football club. The club plays its home matches at the Thohoyandou Stadium. Abram Sello is among the top 10 richest football club owners, with an estimated net worth of $7.5 million. He paid an estimated $2.8 million for the club.
Who are the 10 best South African footballers of all time?Football
10. John Comitis - Cape Town City FC - $8.7 million
- Full name: John Comitis
- Place of birth: South Africa
- Club: Cape Town City FC
- Net worth: $8.7 million
Comitis started his team, Cape Town City, after 14 years of co-owning Ajax Cape Town. After retiring from football, Comitis became a successful businessman and entrepreneur with interests in several industries, including construction, real estate, and entertainment. His net worth is estimated at $8.7 million.
9. Khulu Sibiya - SuperSport United FC - $10 million
- Full name: Khulu Sibiya
- Date of birth: 15 March 1948
- Age: 75 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Gauteng, South Africa
- Club: SuperSport United FC
- Net worth: $10 million
Khulu Sibiya is the current chief editor at the City Press since 1996. He is a consultant at RCP Media and owns SuperSport United FC. His net worth is estimated at $10 million.
Top 10 highest-paid cricket players in the world right nowCricket
8. Sandile Zungu - Amazulu FC - $13 million
- Full name: Sandile Zungu
- Date of birth: 10 February 1967
- Age: 56 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Umlazi Township, Durban, South Africa
- Club: Amazulu FC
- Net worth: $13 million
Sandile Zungu is the chairman of Zungu Investment Company, which deals with minerals and energy. He was promoted to associate in the African Merchant Bank's corporate finance section. He owns Amazulu FC and has a net worth of $13 million.
7. Brian Joffe - Bidvest Wits FC - $15 million
- Full name: Brian Joffe
- Date of birth: 2 June 1947
- Age: 76 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Club: Bidvest Wits FC
- Net worth: $15 million
Brian Joffe is the CEO of Bidvest Group Limited, which owns the Bidvest Wits football club. The club is one of the top 10 richest teams in the PSL in 2023. His estimated net worth is $15 million. He has over 30 years of expertise in both domestic and international business.
What is Thembi Kgatlana’s salary, how much is she worth, and how old is she?Football
6. Shauwn Mkhize - Royal AM Football Club - $16 million
- Full name: Shauwn Mkhize
- Date of birth: 6 April 1976
- Age: 47 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Club: Royal AM Football Club
- Net worth: $16 million
Shauwn Mkhize is a television personality and businesswoman famous for her Mzansi Magic reality television series, Kwa Mam'Mkhize. She is the founder of the construction company Zikhulise Group. She owns the Royal AM Football Club. Shauwn Mkhize's net worth is about $16 million or R300 million.
5. Jomo Sono - Jomo Cosmos FC - $20 million
- Full name: Ephraim Matsilele Sono
- Date of birth: 17 July 1955
- Age: 68 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Queenstown, South Africa
- Club: Jomo Cosmos FC
- Net worth: $20 million
Jomo Sono is a former professional football player and coach. He played for various clubs, including Orlando Pirates, New York Cosmos, and Toronto Blizzard. He owns and chairs Jomo Cosmos Football Club, a professional soccer team based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Jomo Sono's net worth is about $20 million.
Moroka Swallows FC's new signings 2023-24: players, owners, transfer newsFootball
4. Irvin Khoza - Orlando Pirates FC - $35 million
- Full name: Irvin Khoza
- Date of birth: 27 January 1948
- Age: 75 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Alexandra, South Africa
- Club: Orlando Pirates FC
- Net worth: $35 million
Irvin Khoza served in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Organizing Committee in South Africa. He led Orlando Pirates to their first African Champions Cup victory in 1995. The club is among the biggest teams in South Africa. Irvin Khoza's net worth is $35 million.
3. Kaizer Motaung - Kaizer Chiefs - $60 million
- Full name: Kaizer Motaung Snr
- Date of birth: 16 October 1944
- Age: 79 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Soweto, South Africa
- Club: Kaizer Chiefs
- Net worth: $60 million
Kaizer Motaung Snr, alias Chincha Guluva, began his soccer career with Orlando Pirates before moving to Atlanta Chiefs in the United States. He founded Kaizer Chiefs in 1970. He is the chairman and managing director of the club. Kaizer Motaung Snr's net worth is $60 million.
Top 30 best midfielders in the world - Global ranking revealedFootball
2. Patrice Motsepe - Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club - $2.3 billion
- Full name: Patrice Tlhopane Motsepe
- Date of birth: 28 January 1962
- Age: 61 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria, South Africa
- Club: Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club
- Net worth: $2.3 billion
Did you know the richest team in South Africa is Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club? It is owned by Patrice Motsepe, the founder and chairman of African Rainbow Minerals. In 2003, he bought a 51% stake in the team. Eventually, he became the club's sole owner. Patrice Motsepe's net worth is $2.3 billion.
1. Johann Rupert - Stellenbosch FC - $9 billion
- Full name: Johann Peter Rupert
- Date of birth: 1 June 1950
- Age: 73 years (as of 2023)
- Place of birth: Stellenbosch, Cape Province, Union of South Africa
- Club: Stellenbosch FC
- Net worth: $9 billion
Top 20 hottest female footballers in the world right nowFootball
Stellenbosch FC owner Rupert is the richest football club owner in South Africa. Johann Rupert's net worth is $9 billion. He purchased Stellenbosch FC in 2016. Besides running the club, the tycoon is the chairman of Ramgro, a corporation that invests in industrial mining and financial services.
Recap of the richest football club owners in South Africa
Football club owned
Jomo Cosmos FC
Royal AM Football Club
Bidvest Wits FC
SuperSport United FC
Cape Town City FC
Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila
Lamontville Golden Arrows FC
Platinum Stars FC
Black Leopards FC
Bloemfontein Celtic FC
Maritzburg United Football Club
Sekhukhune United Football Club
Tim Sukazi Galaxy
TS Galaxy FC
Cape Town Spurs
Top 30 best defensive midfielders in the world as of 2023 rankedFootball
Which is the richest team in Africa?
The richest team in Africa is Al Ahly SC, which plays in the Egyptian Premier League. It is valued at a whopping €29.55 million.
Which is the richest football club in the world?
Which is the richest football club in South Africa?
The wealthiest football team in the country is Mamelodi Sundowns. The team is worth about R382 million.
Who is richer between Kaizer Motaung and Irvin Khoza?
Kaizer Motaung is richer than Irvin. The latter is worth $35 million, while Kaizer is worth $60 million.
Which is the richest football club in South Africa in 2023?
The richest football team in South Africa is Mamelodi Sundowns. It is followed closely by Orlando Pirates, Kaizer Chiefs, and AmaZulu.
Top 25 best-looking footballers in the world in 2024 rankedFootball
The football industry in South Africa has been growing at a remarkable pace in recent years, attracting investors from diverse backgrounds. The richest football club owners in South Africa are worth impressive sums of cash.
Sportsbrief.com recently published a list of the most successful clubs in England. One of the hotly debated topics among English Premier League fans is England's best club over the years.
The country has several teams but with varying degrees of success. The ranking of the biggest soccer teams in England is based on the trophies won.