Sad Day as Turkish International Footballer Dies in Horror Car Crash 1 Month to His Wedding

Sad Day as Turkish International Footballer Dies in Horror Car Crash 1 Month to His Wedding

Ibitoye Shittu
updated at April 12, 2023 at 7:54 PM
  • Turkish footballer Ahmet Calik was involved in fatal car crash on Tuesday morning, January 11, and died
  • The 27-year-old was said to be going to where he would finalize preparations for his wedding in February before the accident
  • In the Turkish national senior men's team, Ahmed Calik played eight games and was able to score one goal

Football fans in the world have been thrown into deep mourning on Tuesday, January 11, following the untimely death of Turkish international Ahmet Calik.

Ahmet Calik who before his death was playing for Turkish side Konyaspor was reported to have been involved in serious car accident and died immediately on the highway.

The 27-year-old was said to be the only one inside the car driving and the deceased was reported to have lost the control of the wheel.

Ahmet Calik
Late Turkish footballer Ahmet Calik while in action. Photo by VI Images
Source: Getty Images

According to the report on Daily Mail and UK Sun, Ahmet Calik's car overturned into a roadside ditch at around 9am local time before his lifeless body was recovered.

Where was Ahmet Calik coming from?

Calik was on a day off from training and was heading to Ankara to finalise plans for his wedding, which he was due to hold in February.

An investigation is underway to determine what happened in the moments prior to the crash.

How many games did he play for the national team?

Between the year 2015 to 2017, Ahmet Calik played 8 games for the Turkish national team netting one goal in the process.

Top African footballer collapses on the pitch after suffering heart attack

Earlier, Sports Brief had reported how there was tension on Saturday, January 8, during a league game in Qatar as Mali star Ousmane Coulibaly collapsed on the pitch after suffering a heart attack.

The 32-year-old was playing for Al Wakrah during their QNB Stars League clash with Al Rayyan when the ugly incident happened.

According to the report, Coulibaly collapsed late in the first half with Al Rayyan leading 1-0.

Medics immediately rushed onto the pitch with the game temporarily halted and after the referee realized the severity of the issue, the match was eventually abandoned.

Ibitoye Shittu photo
Ibitoye Shittu
Editor- Local Desk