Athletes who are vegan: Ranking the 15 most successful vegan athletesAthletics
The top 25 Mike Tyson quotes on boxing, life, and overcoming adversity
How many Mike Tyson quotes do you know? The legendary boxer has inspired generations through his catchy phrases that you can apply in several life seasons. Here are some of the most inspirational quotes by the retired boxing champion.
Mike Tyson’s professional career lasted 20 years, earning him global awards and recognition for his forceful fighting skills and tenacious personality. The different seasons as an athlete led him to create motivational sayings we can all learn from. Check out these famous Mike Tyson quotes.
Mike Tyson quotes
Michael Gerald Tyson, whose nickname is Iron Mike, experienced fame at an early age when he became the youngest heavyweight champion in history. Tyson’s story is inspirational, to say the least. Here are some of the best Mike Tyson quotes:
- Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth
- I love to hit people; I love to.
- God lets everything happen for a reason. It's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.
Mike Tyson quotes about life
Netizens have asked, ‘’What is Mike Tyson’s best ever quote? The retired boxer has several quotes you can refer to during various life seasons or transitions. Here are some of them:
- I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too.
- I intend to fight, and I want to win. But my priorities are basically to be a good brother and a strong one, and to try to be a good father one day.
- I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars; if I miss a star, I grab a handful of clouds.
- You can't stay married in a situation where you are afraid to go to sleep in case your wife might cut your throat.
Mike Tyson’s quotes about fighting
With such a successful career, the retired heavyweight champion likely has incredible nuggets of wisdom that upcoming athletes can borrow from. Check out Mike Tyson’s quotes about boxing:
Ranking the 10 most famous footballers who party too muchFootball
- When you see me smash somebody’s skull, you’ll enjoy it.
- I’m going to gut you like a fish.
- I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.
- When I fight someone, I want to break his will. I want to take his manhood. I want to rip out his heart and show it to him.
- I'm not much for talking. You know what I do. I put guys in body bags when I'm right.
Mike Tyson’s quotes about money
Mike boasts an impressive net worth of $10 million, primarily from his professional career. Here are some of Mike Tyson’s short quotes about money:
- Real freedom is having nothing; I was freer when I didn’t have a cent.
- I know why they don’t like me; because they want the money I have.
- That equals being a fool, having fame and no fortune. A lot of guys out there have fame doing this and doing that, but they are broke.
- Our money is bait money, and bait money is not to be used.
- I can inspire people on how to use money, how to be economically powerful.
25 of the most motivating Patrick Mahomes quotes on life and successNFL
Mike Tyson’s quotes about training
The success of any sport is significantly attributed to the training and disciplines athletes must endure. Here are some of Tyson’s quotes about discipline and training:
- I just want to do what I do best, and that's fight. I love it.
- As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.
- Discipline is doing what you hate to do but nonetheless doing it like you love it.
Mike Tyson’s quotes about fear
Iron Mike is undoubtedly one of the most fearless sports personalities ever. What did Mike Tyson say about fear?
- Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you.
- Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning.
- Fear is something we create in our own minds.
- There’s nothing to fear but fear itself. It’s an illusion of fear. Fear is an illusion. If you're going to die, you’re going to die anyway; it’s not something to fear, and fear is not going to help.
20 of the most inspiring Simone Biles quotes about lifeAthletics
Mike Tyson’s quotes about Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson was a diehard fan of Muhammad Ali since childhood. Here is what he said about the legend:
- Ali is the greatest of all time. He can be modest, humble, and nice, but this man is great.
Mike's other quotes
Mike Tyson’s funny quotes
Besides being a prolific player, Tyson is also a hilarious individual. Here are some of Mike’s phrases that will tickle your bone:
- I don't understand why people would want to get rid of pigeons. They don't bother no one.
- I'm not Mother Teresa, but I'm not Charles Manson, either.
- Sometimes I put on a ski mask and dress in old clothes, go out on the streets and beg for quarters.
- I’m a nutcase, but that is what I believe.
Mike Tyson’s quotes about social media
The boxing legend has shared his opinion on social media. Here is what he said:
25 of the best sports quotes for kids to motivate and inspire themOther Sports
- Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.
These Mike Tyson quotes are telling of an individual whose thoughts and ideas have shaped several facets of life, influencing sports and non-sports personalities. These incredible phrases will undoubtedly outlive the legend and remain relevant for years.
Sports Brief published inspirational quotes by Shaquille O’Neal, whose professional debut as a basketball player was in 1992. Since then, he has become one of the most successful athletes worldwide. What are some of his quotes that you can borrow for different life situations?
One of them is, ‘’I never worry about the problem; I worry about the solution.’’ O’Neal also urges people not to vocalize their righteousness, ‘’When you’re righteous, you don’t have to tell people that you’re righteous.’’ Click on the link above to learn more quotes from him.