Super Eagles Star Named in Top 10 Hottest Players in Premier League After Scoring a Hat-Trick
- Kelechi Iheanacho grabbed his first-ever Premier League hat-trick against Sheffield United
- The 24-year-old Nigerian international inspired Leicester City to a 5-0 win on Sunday, March 14
- He has been named in this week’s top 10 Premier League Power Rankings by Daily Mail
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho has been named among the hottest players currently in the English Premier League.
UK outlet Daily Mail, in their weekly Power Rankings table, listed the Nigerian in number 6 following his performance in Leicester City’s mauling of bottom team Sheffield United over the weekend.
The 24-year-old grabbed his first Premier League hat-trick on Sunday, March 14, helping the Foxes defeat Sheffield United 5-0.
Iheanacho tucked home a Jamie Vardy pass to make it 1-0 in the early exchanges and then Ayoze Perez made grabbed another goal in the 64th minute before the Nigerian grabbed his brace minutes later.
And it was 4-0 in the 78th minute after a solo run from Ampadu was stopped. The ball ran clear, and it came to the Iheanacho.
He had all the time and space to shoot. He took it on and rifled the shot into the bottom right-hand corner. It was his first hat-trick in the Premier League.
It was his best-ever performance in the English topflight, although there were many excellent individual performances in the top flight over the weekend - but which players from last week's list will drop out and who will come out on top this time around?
Latest top 10 Premier League Power Rankings according to the Daily Mail:
10. Adam Lallana (Brighton - new entry)
9. Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal - new entry)
7. Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur - down four)
6. Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City - new entry)
5. Jesse Lingard (West Ham United - down three)
4. Andreas Christensen (Chelsea - up four)
3. Luke Shaw (Manchester United - up three)
2. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United - down one)
1. John Stones (Manchester City - up three).
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Mohamed Salah has continued to get football fans infuriated after being spotted diving again during Liverpool's 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Diogo Jota scored the only goal in the added minutes of the opening half after firing home from close range with his left foot.
Although the Egyptian was part of the build-up to the gaol, it was Sadio Mane who earned the credit for the assist as the Reds move to sixth on the Premier League table after 29 games.
Babajide is a digital publishing expert, an avid sports content thinker, researcher and writer. He is a graduate of Guidance and Counselling, having bagged his B.SC (ED) from the Ekiti State University. He can be reached on Twitter @JideOrevba