- Lionel Messi will be the biggest free agent going into the summer transfer window
- Many other players will end their contracts with their respective teams at the end of the season
- Clubs will be aiming to jump on these stars who will only have to negotiate their personal earnings
Several players will have their respective contracts end in the coming summer and top European clubs are rallying round for their signatures, Mail, Sportmail.
Only a few clubs can afford to break the bank to sign prospective players due to the effect of coronavirus on their finance.
Lionel Messi is top on the list as his almost 20-year career at Barcelona is about to come to an end. But with the way things are going, the Argentine might decide to remain at Camp Nou.
Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos is also on the verge of leaving the club in the next few weeks after new contract talks with Los Blancos did not yield results.
Gianluigi Donnarumma is another high-profile player who has not come to terms with signing a new deal with San Siro giants AC Milan.
Here are the top ten players whose contracts will end in the summer and the clubs on queue to sign them:
10. Jerome Boateng (Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal)
9. Hakan Calhanoglu (Manchester United, Napoli)
8. Lucas Vazquez (Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, AC Milan, Bayern Munich)
7. Gianluigi Donnarumma (Juventus, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea)
6. Edinson Cavani (Manchester United, Boca Juniors)
5. Georginio Wijnaldum (Barcelona)
4. Memphis Depay (Barcelona, Liverpool)
3. Sergio Ramos (Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United)
2. Sergio Aguero (Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG)
1. Lionel Messi (Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Lionel Messi has accepted his massive wages to be slashed into half in a bid to help Barcelona sign Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland, Mirror.
Several top clubs in Europe have lined up to sign the young Norwegian striker who is in stellar form for the Bundesliga side this season.
It is understood that Messi who wanted to leave the club at the season made and U-turn after Joan Laporta was elected president.
And reports claim that the Argentine is willing to accept a pay cut to help the club make a huge summer signing.
Source: Sports Brief News