- Despite losing the Premier League title to rivals Man City, Ole will be proud of his players for finishing the campaign unbeaten away from home
- The Norwegian paraded a much-changed side during Man United's final match of the season against Wolves, with youngsters featuring prominently
- The youngsters repaid the manager's faith in them with a stellar performance, securing a 2-1 win at Molineux
- United's win saw them ink their name in history books as they joined Arsenal in the exclusive group of clubs to end a campaign unbeaten away from home in the EPL
- The Gunners set the record during the 2002/03 season before going the following campaign unbeaten home and away
PAY ATTENTION: Help us change more lives, join TUKO.co.ke’s Patreon programme
Man United have crowned their 2020/21 Premier League season on a stylish note after stunning Wolves 2-1 at Molineux on Sunday, May 23, on the final day of the campaign.
Despite confirming their second-place finish with a game to spare, there was everything to play for when United took on Nuno Espirito's men away from home.
A win or draw would see the Red Devils end the season unbeaten away from home, a feat they were set to achieve for the first time in the club's history.
With a Europa League final meeting against Villarreal scheduled in just a few days, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer opted to rest a number of his key players, handing youngster rare starts to shine.
And the team did just that, with Anthony Elanga scoring the opener on his debut for the United senior side.
However, Nelson Semedo equaliser pulled Wolves level, before Juan Mata converting from the spot on the stroke of half-time to restore the visitors' lead.
Solskjaer's men were able to hold out for the win which not only cemented their place in second on the log but also saw them match Arsenal's Invincibles record - having gone the season without defeat in all away games.
The Gunners have been holders of the prestigious feat, going the entire EPL season unbeaten away from home in 2001/02 and in their 2003/04 Invincibles campaign.
Reacting to matching their rivals' record, Solskjaer admitted he was proud of the achievement as he lauded his wards for getting the job done on the final day of the campaign.
United's win at Molineux saw them finish 12 points behind rivals Man City who were crowned this season's league champions.
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly.