- Cristiano Ronaldo was not named in Manchester United’s team-list for their EFL cracker against West Ham United
- Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has disclosed that the striker had wanted to feature in the game
- According to the tactician, more players are needed for others to be fit, but admitted Ronaldo wanted to play
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hinted that he denied Cristiano Ronaldo’s request to feature in their EFL Cup encounter against West Ham United, Mirror reports.
The Red Devils have crashed out of the championship following their disappointing 1-0 defeat to the Hammers at Old Trafford on Wednesday, September 22.
This was the second meeting between the two teams within just three days when they squared off in the Premier League at the London Stadium.
West Ham emerged victors during the thrilling clash which was characterised by dramatic scenes in the closing stages of the encounter according to the EFL Cup website.
Ronaldo was rested for the game but Solskjaer hinted that the Portuguese had wanted to feature in that encounter which saw them crash out.
Solskjaer said via Tribal Football:
"We decided more or less before Sunday [to make changes. We need more players to get match fit. Alex Telles is back and has been training for a week. It will be a long season.
"Cristiano has come in and made a difference already, he wants to play as much as possible but I don't think it is possible.
"If you are going to be successful at the end, you need the whole squad and minutes to be shared out. A risk making so many changes but we have played some games behind closed doors and hopefully we find the rhythm."
Reports claim Ronaldo was forced out of Juventus
Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo's deadline day transfer from Juventus to Manchester United was reportedly forced by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
It is understood that the 36-year-old told his former team that he wanted to leave a day before Biaconeri drew with Udinese.
The former Real Madrid striker was expected to see out the remainder of his contract at the Allianz Stadium until his shock exit.
David Beckham’s son makes debut in MLS
Legit.ng earlier reported that David Beckham's first son Romeo is finally living the dream of his father after making his debut for Inter Miami's second team Fort Lauderdale.
The club owned by the legendary Man United legend fielded the 19-year-old after getting his first professional contract last month.
The teenager played 79 minutes in his side's 2-2 draw in MLS One game played at the Tormenta at DRV PNK Stadium.