Cristiano Ronaldo leads Euro 2020 golden boot race as Lukaku, others in contention
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Romelu Lukaku and Wijlaldum currently lead the race to win Euro 2020 golden boot
- The above-named stars including Patrick Schick all have three goals so far in the continental championship
- The Juventus superstar however has a better stat on the chart having assisted one other goal apart from the three he has got
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Cristiano Ronaldo currently leads the chase to win the golden boot award at the end of the European championship this summer.
The Juventus superstar sits atop of the chart with three goals alongside Romelu Lukaku, Georgino Wijnaldum, and Patrick Schick
However, the 36-year-old edges his fellow contenders out with the assist he created in Portugal's defeat to Germany in their second group game.
Netherlands’s Georgino Wijnaldum is also a surprise package in the Euros as he has found some impressive goal-scoring prowess.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
The midfielder, who recently joined Paris Saint Germain from Liverpool, also has three goals to his name from the group stage.
Meanwhile, apart from the players in the three goals rank, a number of stars have also recorded two goals to their names in the ongoing competition including Lazio's Cito Immobile.
Here is a more comprehensive list of the Euros’ most prolific strikers at the moment, as per the data from Infogol:
Euro 2020 top scorers chart
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal (3 goals)
- Georgino Wijnaldum, Netherlands (3 goals)
- Patrick Schick, Czech Republic, (3 goals)
- Romelu Lukaku, Belgium (3 goals)
- Andry Yarmolenko, Ukraine (2 goals)
- Ciro Immobile, Italy (2 goals)
- Denzel Damfries, Netherlands (2 goals)
- Manuel Locatelli, Italy (2 goals)
- Memphis Depay, Netherlands (2 goals)
- Roman Yaremchuk, Ukraine (2 goals)
The 36-year old, who is only two goals shy of Ali Daei's all-time international goals record of 109, has successfully found the back of the net in four successive European Championships since his debut in 2004.
Legit.ng earlier reported that five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo is ahead of legendary Zinedine Zidane in the 50 greatest Real Madrid players of all time.
Alfredo Di Stefano who played at the club between 1982 and 1984 remains the greatest player to ever feature for Los Blancos, while Cristiano Ronaldo is second on the list.
Making up the top-three is Paco Gento who scored 128 La Liga goals in 428 appearances in his eighteen-year spell between 1953 and 1971.