- Manchester United have one of the biggest wage bills in the Premier League
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, and David de Gea are among the highest earners at the club
- Despite being one of United's integral squad players, Fernandes does not feature in the top 10 list of best-paid stars at Old Trafford
- The midfielder is believed to be keen on a new deal that will have him at par with Ronaldo in earnings
Cristiano Ronaldo is currently Man United's highest-earning player after his stunning return to Old Trafford last summer.
The Portuguese ace is understood to be pocketing an eyewatering £510,000 per week - nearly double what David de Gea, who was the club's best-paid star takes home.
De Gea, who was on the verge of departing United a couple of years ago re-negotiated a new contract that saw him become among the highest earners at the Theatre of Dreams.
Jadon Sancho, Raphael Varane, and Paul Pogba make up the top five earners at the Premier League club, with Bruno Fernandes further down.
Despite being one of United's most important players, pockets a basic wage of just £100,000 per week.
Mirror UK reports the Portugal international is keen to join the highest earners at Old Trafford after contract talks broke down.
It is believed the 27-year-old wants to be at par with Ronaldo, demands that have sparked fears he could depart the club.
The Athletic claims Fernandes has already turned down a new deal with the Red Devils and negotiations halted until the end of the season.
Here are the top 10 highest earners at Man United (weekly wages):
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 2023 - £510,000
2. David de Gea - 2023 - £375,000
3. Jadon Sancho - 2026 - £350,000
4. Raphael Varane - 2025 - £340,000
5. Paul Pogba - 2022 - £290,000
6. Edinson Cavani - 2022 - £250,000
7. Anthony Martial - 2024 - £250,000
8. Marcus Rashford - 2023 - £200,000
9. Harry Maguire - 2025 - £190,000
10. Luke Shaw - 2023 - £190,000
Man United plot move for McGinn
Earlier, Sports Brief reported Man United are desperate to strengthen their midfield in the summer as they push to keep up with their Premier League rivals.
Reports suggest the Red Devils have already identified Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn for the role.
McGinn has enjoyed a significant rise to prominence since his move to Villa Park in 2018, courting interest from EPL's big boys.