- De Bruyne scored a hat trick in just 24 minutes in a stellar performance against Wolves on Wednesday, May 11
- The Belgian is now third in the all-time list of fastest hat tricks in the Premier League
- Premier League legends including Sadio Mane and Michael Owen make the top 10
Kevin de Bruyne was the talk of town last night thanks to his brilliant performances that earned Manchester City a crucial 5-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The Belgian proved that he is just as brilliant in goal scoring as he is in assisting with four goals as City edged closer to another Premier League title.
Among his four goals was an impressive hat trick that came after only 24 minutes which helped City claim a 3-1 lead in the first half.
After the game, Pep Guardiola joked that De Bruyne should be disappointed not to have gotten five goals because he was in frightening form on the night.
But where does De Bruyne rank in the unique list of the fastest hat tricks in the Premier League?
In the past, some Premier League big names have scored hat tricks in record times, but this is not to discredit anything De Bruyne did on Wednesday night.
In fact, with his hat trick inside 24 minutes, De Bruyne is now third in the enviable list of Premier League players with the fastest treble of goals.
Here are the fastest hat tricks in Premier League history as reported by Give Me Sport.
9. Michael Owen (Newcastle 1-4 Liverpool, 1998) – 32 minutes
8. Yakubu (Portsmouth 5-1 Middlesbrough, 2004) – 31 minutes
7. Robbie Fowler (Liverpool 4-3 Arsenal, 1994) – 31 minutes
6. Andrew Cole (Newcastle 3-0 Liverpool, 1993) – 30 minutes
5. Ian Marshall (Leicester City 4-2 Derby County, 1997) – 27 minutes
4. Jermaine Pennant (Arsenal 6-1 Southampton, 2003) – 26 minutes
3. Kevin De Bruyne (Wolves 1-5 Manchester City, 2022) – 24 minutes
2. Dwight Yorke (Manchester United 6-1 Arsenal, 2001) – 22 minutes
1. Sadio Mane (Southampton 6-1 Aston Villa, 2015) – 16 minutes
Mane still carries it
The title of fastest hat trick in the Premier League still belongs to Liverpool ace Sadio Mane, although the Senegalese achieved the feat whilst playing for Southampton.
Southampton thrashed Aston Villa 6-1 in 2015, and Mane was in rampant form, grabbing a hat trick inside a mere 16 minutes.
Notably, this was the season Mane really established himself as a player to watch, and Liverpool signed him in 2016.
Credit also has to go to former Liverpool and Manchester United striker Michael Owen, who has appeared on the list twice.
Mane on Bayern Munich links
But the Senegalese responded to the stunning rumours after his performance against Aston Villa by declaring that he was happy n England.
"Yes, I'm happy here, I think when we win trophies I'm happier," he said after the game as quoted by 13 Football.
The 30-year-old has been Liverpool's livewire this season, scoring 22 goals in 48 games as the Merseyside club chase an unprecedented quadruple.
Source: Sports Brief News