- The proposed new Chelsea owner, Todd Boehly, is set to become the sixth wealthiest football club owner once he completes the takeover of the EPL side
- Boehly and his consortium which is expected to take over from Roman Abramovich towards the end of May has an estimated net worth of £10.86billion
- Newcastle United's Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund remains the richest club owners in the world
- Other notable figures in the top 10 list include Man City's Sheikh Mansour and Arsenal owner, Stan Kroenke
A list of the top 10 richest football club owners has emerged as Chelsea prepare for a fresh tenure ahead of the exit of their current owner, Roman Abramovich.
The Blues are expected to get a new owner in the coming days, with American billionaire Todd Boehly expected to take over.
Boehly and his consortium are estimated to have a combined net worth of an eyewatering £10.86billion.
So who are the richest football owners in the world?
The publication, claims the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund which owns English side, Newcastle United, are the wealthiest football owners.
The Qatar Investment Authority which own Paris Saint-Germain are placed second on the rich list, while Manchester City supremo, Sheikh Mansour, is placed third.
Mansour, who took ownership of the reigning English giants back in September 2008 is believed to be worth a whopping £22.3 billion.
Other notable figures in the top 10 list include Arsenal owner, Stan Kroenke, and American billionaire, Philip Anschutz, who owns Major League Soccer outfit, LA Galaxy.
Below is the top 10 list of the richest football club owners in the world:
1. Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund - Newcastle United.
2. Qatar Investment Authority - PSG
3. Sheikh Mansour - Man City
4. Dietrich Mateschitz - RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg
5. Andrea Agnelli - Juventus
6. Boehly, Walter and Wyss - Chelsea
7. Philip Anschutz - LA Galaxy
8. Stan Kroenke - Arsenal
9. Zhang Jindong - Inter Milan
10. Guo Guangchang - Wolves
Chelsea deny Man United the Women Super League title
Earlier, Sports Brief reported Chelsea have won the Women’s Super League following a 4-2 victory over impressive Manchester United on Sunday afternoon.
It is the third successive title for the Blue Ladies who have now set a record in the competition as the first team to do so.
Arsenal Ladies defeated their West Ham United counterparts 2-0, but they could only settle for the second position.
Source: Sports Brief News