- Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich have the highest number of Bundesliga players nominated in the top 40 candidates for the 2022 Golden Boy award
- Bayern Munich’s Jamal Musiala and Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham lead the list of 9 players nominated from the Bundesliga
- The Golden Boy is an annual award presented to the best player under the age of 21 in Europe, almost like a kid’s version of the Ballon d’Or
The 40 nominees for the 2022 Golden Boy have been announced and the Bundesliga is the league with the highest number of players nominated with 9 players listed.
Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich each have three players shortlisted for the award presented to the best player under the age of 21 in Europe.
Eintracht Frankfurt, Koln, Freiburg, and Bayer Leverkusen also have players nominated for the 2022 top 40 Golden Boy awards voted for by established publications in major footballing nations.
Exciting feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!
The current award recipient is Barcelona's youngster Pedri, who has also been nominated for this year’s version, having won 2021’s edition.
Among the numerous distinguished players who have won the award in the past are Lionel Messi, Wayne Rooney, Cesc Fabregas, Kylian Mbappe, and Erling Haaland.
Top 11 Bundesliga players nominated for 2022 Golden Boy award
1. Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
2. Karim Adeyemi (Borussia Dortmund)
3. Ryan Gravenberch (Bayern Munich)
4. Josko Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
5. Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen)
6. Ansgar Knauff (Eintracht Frankfurt)
7. Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich)
8. Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
9. Jan Thielmann (Koln)
10. Mathys Tel (Bayern Munich)
11. Kiliann Sildillia (Freiburg)
Borussia Dortmund insists they will fight to keep Jude Bellingham
Earlier, Sports Brief reported Liverpool’s quest to sign young England sensation Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund is set to be frustrated by the German Bundesliga club.
Jude Bellingham struggles to hide frustration with ex Dortmund teammate Erling Haaland as clip goes viral
The Reds have identified Bellingham as their number one transfer target this summer as Jurgen Klopp tries to strengthen the Liverpool midfield with younger players.
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl has insisted the Bundesliga team will fight to keep the 19-year-old midfielder in 2023.