- Leo Messo is technically Arsenal's first signing of the summer, with the Gunners snapping him up from the West Ham academy team
- Originally from Busia, Kenya, the youngster's family is currently from London/Essex
- Photos of him holding his Arsenal shirt alongside Academy manager Per Mertesacker have since surfaced online
- His shirt had no.9 inscribed on the back, suggesting the wonderkid is a promising centre-forward
- A number of Kenyans have since taken time to send him messages of goodwill ahead of his new assignment in north London
PAY ATTENTION: Help us change more lives, join TUKO.co.ke’s Patreon programme
Arsenal have sealed the transfer of Kenyan youngster, Jango, popularly known to his fans as Leo Messo.
Messo, a promising left-footed footballer is set to link up with the Gunners' youth team where he will continue his development.
TUKO.co.ke understands the budding player has been turning out for West Ham's academy side before Arsenal snapped him up.
The transfer was confirmed by Chris Wheatley, Chief Arsenal reporter for respected publication, Football London.
Whereas details of Jango's transfer deal remain scanty, Wheatley revealed he was signed as part of the latest scholarship intake at Hale End.
News on his switch to the Emirates sent social media users to a meltdown, with those from Kenyan sending him messages of goodwill.
@CarolRadull tweeted: "8-year-old LEO Messo (his real Jango name) joins Arsenal Football Academy. @eugenemesso my brother! When your nephew is rich and famous; remember me. #FromBusiaToTheWorld."
@EduardoHagn noted: "From Kenya, a new talent arrives at the Arsenal academy. 10-year-old, Leo Messo!"
@SalibaEra posted: "This is big, Arsenal Football Club have signed a left-footed Kenyan boy called Leo Messo, for your info, Kenya is a country that has produced top ballers like Victor Mugubi Wanyama, welcome home Leo Messo."
However, those from abroad appeared thrilled with his name as it relates to that of Lionel Messi, a celebrated football legend.
"Arsenal have signed a left-footed Kenyan boy called Leo Messo Flag of Kenya. Yes, you did read that correctly."
"Leo Messo just joined Arsenal we are getting started the future is cool at Emirates."
A third added:
"Some hope for the GunnersFire Leo Messo."
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly.