Anxiety As Chelsea Consider Signing Leicester City Defender As Antonio Rudiger ReplacementFootball
Top 8 Best-Paid Managers in The Premier League Revealed After Antonio Conte Arrival
- Antonio Conte is understood to have been handed a lucrative 18-month contract at Tottenham Hotspur
- The deal is thought to be worth a staggering £15million (over N10bn) per year
- The wages now have Conte joint-second among the top-earning managers in the Premier League
- Man City's Pep Guardiola remains the highest-paid boss in the EPL with £20m per year
Antonio Conte has already joined the elite club of best-paid managers in the Premier League following his arrival at Tottenham Hotspur.
Conte was confirmed new Tottenham boss barely 48 hours after the dismissal of Nuno Espirito Santo.
NEspirito was shown the door after registering a string of poor results that saw him pick just five wins in the league in 10 matches.
The Portuguese will now be succeeded by Conte who has been out of a job since quitting Inter Milan in the summer.
Incidentally, Conte was in the frame to take over Spurs at the time but he is understood to have rejected the job.
Antonio Conte's contract
However, in a sudden turn of events, the veteran Italian tactician has accepted to take charge at the north London club for the next 18 months.
The Sun reports the 52-year-old put pen to paper on the contract thought to be worth £15million (billion) per year.
When narrowed down, that works out at around £290,000 per week for the new Tottenham manager.
It is understood the lucrative deal puts him on a level grade as Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp who extended his deal at Anfield back in December 2019.
Man City's Pep Guardiola still leads the way among the EPL's highest-paid managers, with the Spaniard believed to be pocketing a staggering £20 million (about KSh 3 billion) per year.
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers and Leeds United's Marcelo Bielsa are also among the best-paid boss in the English topflight.
Here are the top eight best-paid EPL bosses (wages per year):
Premier League Club Set To Launch Bid for Impressive Brazil and Real Madrid MidfielderFootball
1. Pep Guardiola (Man City) - £20m
2. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - £15m
3. Antonio Conte (Tottenham) - £15m
4. Brendan Rodgers (Leicester) - £10m
5. Marcelo Biesla (Leeds) - £8m
6. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Man United) - £7.5m
7. Rafa Benitez (Everton) - £7m
8. Thomas Tuchel (Chelsea) - £7m
Solskjaer Breaks Silence After Costing Nuno Espirito His Job at Tottenham
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has promised to get in touch with sacked Tottenham Hotspur manager, Nuno Espirito Santo.
Espirito Santo was shown the door at Tottenham following the north London side's 3-0 defeat in the hands of the Red Devils at the weekend.
Goals from Cristiano Ronaldo, Edinson Cavani, and Marcus Rashford further compounded Espirito's woes resulting in his sacking.
Incidentally, both Espirito and Solskjaer headed into the encounter facing uncertain futures with their respective clubs after a string of poor results.
However, it was Nuno who had the axe fall on him, with Ole breathing a sigh of relief.