Important Man United Star Turns Down New Contract Talks as he Wants Parity in Earning With Ronaldo

Important Man United Star Turns Down New Contract Talks as he Wants Parity in Earning With Ronaldo

  • Bruno Fernandes has demanded for more money at Manchester United for him to sign new deal with the club
  • The Portuguese who is currently on £100,000 a week wants the Premier League side to increase his money
  • Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid footballer at Manchester United and Bruno also wants to be close to his level

Bruno Fernandes has reportedly turned his back to new contract talks at Premier League side Manchester United as the Portugal international wants more weekly wages at Old Trafford.

Since the attacking midfielder joined Manchester United in a dream move from Sporting Lisbon, he has been impressive and has also won the hearts of the Old Trafford faithfuls.

And due to his impressive performances so far at Old Trafford, Manchester United chiefs want Bruno Fernandes to sign a long term deal with the club.

Bruno Fernandes
Bruno Fernandes in action for Manchester United. Photo by Massimiliano Ferraro
Source: Getty Images

According to the report on Mirror and Daily Mail, Bruno Fernandes and his representatives have turned down the proposal on a new deal for the Portuguese.

Read also

Tension at Old Trafford as Anthony Martial hits back at Rangnick in stunning statement

Why is Bruno Fernandes rejecting new deal?

The report added that Bruno Fernandes is currently on £100,000 a week basic salary at Manchester United and the Portuguese feels that he should be among top earners.

Who is the top earner at Manchester United?

Cristiano Ronaldo is said to be the highest paid player at Manchester United currently and the Portuguese in on £500,000 a week basic salary.

What is Manchester United position on the EPL table?

After 20 games played so far in the Premier League this season, Manchester United are currently occupying seventh position on the table with 32 points.

Tension at Old Trafford as Anthony Martial hits back at Rangnick in stunning statement

Earlier, Sports Brief had reported how Anthony Martial rubbished claims that he refused to travel with Manchester United squad for the Premier League game at Aston Villa saying that he had never rejected playing for the team.

Read also

Paul Pogba's stance on Paris Saint-Germain's move disclosed amid Messi, Mbappe worries

On Saturday evening, January 15, Manchester United allowed hosts Aston Villa to come back from two goals down and drew the match which was painful for all Red Devils' fans.

But prior to the Premier League encounter, Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick explained that Anthony Martial was not in his traveling squad because the Frenchman refused.

Anthony Martial explained that what was said about him was false.

Source: SportsBrief.com