WWE wrestler's salary: what is the average salary of WWE superstars?
WWE, short for World Wrestling Entertainment, is a professional wrestling promotion based in the United States. The WWE is most known for its involvement in professional wrestling. Apart from a WWE wrestler's salary, the company has significantly contributed to other industries, including film, real estate, and entrepreneurship.
The WWE is well-known for the large sums of money it pays to its top performers. It has offered multimillion-dollar contracts to several of its greatest superstars, raising the question, "How much do they make in 2023?" In contrast to other superstars whose WWE pay remains at the six-figure level, many members of the current roster receive seven-figure incomes.
Who is the highest-paid WWE wrestler?
The WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar gets the most money of any WWE superstar. "The Beast Incarnate" receives substantial bonuses for each main event he appears in and has the highest base salary. Brock Lesnar's new WWE deal pays him an astounding $12 million yearly (that is a million per month in dollars), while his main event incentive remains at $500,000 every appearance, as per sources.
How much do overseas basketball players make? The average salary of hoppers in Europe, Asia and Africa
How much do WWE wrestlers get paid?
Compared to Brock Lesnar, WWE's top earner and 16-time World Champion, who pulls in an astounding $12 million per year, John Cena's paychecks also tend to be quite substantial. Cena makes a yearly salary of $8.5 million while working for WWE on a part-time basis. John Cena earns $500,000 for each major event appearance and an additional 5% of his insanely high merchandise sales, just like Brock Lesnar.
Furthermore, it should be mentioned that Triple H, the WWE CCO, receives a total of $3.2m annually. Regarding WWE women's wages, former Raw Women's Champion and UFC Hall of Famer Becky Lynch has been at the forefront since about the middle of 2018. Because of her WWE contract, the former UFC champion has the highest female superstar salary in the business.
How much do WWE superstars take home on average?
WWE claims its main roster of wrestlers earns an average of $500,000 annually. The highest-paid stars earn in the millions.
How much do WWE female wrestlers get paid?
The WWE's female stars are similarly well compensated, with Ronda Rousey earning $1.5 million a year and Becky Lynch earning $1 million as a salary in 2023. Other women in WWE with WWE agreements, such as Nikki Bella, Charlotte Flair, and Alexa Bliss, get roughly $550,000 per year.
Who is the lowest paid WWE wrestler?
The WWE superstar Liv Morgan is currently a regular on the show SmackDown. She joined WWE's developmental division NXT and was eventually elevated to the SmackDown brand. She receives a paltry $80,000 per year for her WWE contract, and that is not counting the bonuses she gets for making major event appearances.
Here is a list of WWE salaries for some of the top stars
- Brock Lesnar ($5 - 10 million) - After Brock Lesnar's comeback in 2021, he is guaranteed a base salary of $5 million per year, according to the most recent issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Roman Reigns ($5 million) - Some advantages come with holding the position of the leading performer. Like Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns receives a $5 million downside guarantee from WWE. Along with John Cena, Reigns is still the top product seller, and he would be eligible for a higher bonus if his sales were higher.
- Vince McMahon ($5 million) – Besides his $2 million annual salary, stock options, and other incentives bring Vince McMahon's total annual income to roughly $5 million.
- Randy Orton ($4.5 million) – In 2019, Randy Orton renewed his 5-year contract with WWE, making him the company's highest-paid talent at $4.5 million annually.
- AJ Styles ($3.5 million) – As AJ Styles nears the end of his wrestling career, he may have slowed down his workload accordingly. The 2019 contract he signed ensures his continued status as a standout player, paying him an annual salary of about $3.5 million.
- Triple H ($3.3 million) -After Vince McMahon's retirement, Triple H became WWE's Creative Head and booked both RAW and SmackDown. He earns almost $3 million a year for acting and producing. His base income is $730,000 annually, and he also receives bonuses and stock options.
- Seth Rollins ($3 million) – Even though the Universal and WWE Champion, Monday Night Messiah, continues to divide WWE fans, he is still one of the top stars in the industry and makes $3 million annually.
- Becky Lynch ($3 million) – When Becky Lynch was at the height of her fame as the RAW Women's Champion in 2019, she re-signed with WWE. Her annual income has increased to about $3 million from a basic salary of $1 million. Her earnings rank her as the top WWE female wrestler's salary.
- The Undertaker ($2.5 million) – While The Undertaker officially retired from WWE in 2020, he did so only after signing a 10-year deal with the company that guaranteed him $2.5 million yearly.
- The Miz ($2.5 million) – It is safe to say that it is one of the WWE stars recognized by people who aren't die-hard fans of the company's main product. From WWE, he earns an additional $2.5 million annually.
- Stephanie McMahon ($2.5 million) –Following Vince McMahon's departure, WWE named Stephaine McMahon as Co-CEO. Her annual income has been $730,000 over the past five years, and when stock options and other incentives are included, her total compensation has been close to $2.5 million.
- Kevin Owens ($2 million) –Kevin Owens has reportedly signed a new contract with WWE at a salary of $2 million to $3 million annually.
- Charlotte Flair ($2 million) – It is no secret that Charlotte Flair is still one of WWE's biggest draws. Her previous compensation was around $600,000, one of the best WWE female wrestler's salaries in 2021. Still, now that she is one of the company's top earners, her annual salary will likely be around $2 million.
- Ronda Rousey ($1.5 million) – Regarding female celebrities, Ronda Rousey, was likely the first to earn $1 million (after Stephaine McMahon, who is more on the management side). Reports put her annual income at almost $1.5 million.
- Dolph Ziggler ($1.5 million) – Dolph Ziggler, like many other WWE superstars, is in his twilight years, but he still earns $1.5 million annually despite this fact.
- Bobby Lashley ($1 million) – According to rumours, Bobby Lashley earns $1 million every year.
- Drew McIntyre ($1 million) has taken center stage as the dominant force in the game recently. McIntyre has reportedly been making around $1 million a year since his contract was renewed.
- Sheamus ($1 million) –Sheamus, a former WWE and World Heavyweight Champion is still a mainstay of the WWE roster and earns $1 million per year.
- Jinder Mahal ($900,000) – Even though the Modern Day Maharaja is not universally well-liked, he is still one of WWE's biggest stars because of his popularity among Indian fans. He pulls in an annual salary of about $1 million.
- Kane ($900,000) – Along with The Undertaker, Kane has never appeared outside of WWE. Despite spending most of his time out of the ring, he has made close to $1 million thanks to a downside guarantee and clothing sales.
- Shane McMahon ($828,0000) – According to WWE's SEC filing, Shane McMahon received $828,000 in 2022 despite not appearing on a WWE show since Royal Rumble 2022.
- Bianca Belair ($500,000) – Bianca Belair's popularity skyrocketed after her victory at WrestleMania 37. She is also one of WWE's highest-paid stars, earning roughly $500,000 annually.
A WWE wrestlers' salary can expect a base salary of $250,000, but that is not all they will make. Sales of merchandise and pay-per-view contributions can increase that figure.
READ ALSO: Cristiano Ronaldo's family: All the facts on CR7’s wife, children, parents, and siblings
Sports Brief published an article on all facts about Cristiano Ronaldo's family, his wife, children, parents, and siblings. Ronaldo's family has acquired support directly from the star in ways they could not have dreamed of while he was growing up. Find out more about Cristiano Ronaldo by clicking on the link above!